In Durango we have a turn of the century school ho8use that is manned by
volunteers.  As part of the old school house experience a volunteer
retired teacher teaches a short lesson on reading.  She has been using
the McGuffey's Second Eclectic Reader Book Five.  But finds it more
difficult than the capability of our current 5th grade readers.  Has
anyone out there had experience with this reader and which one do you use
with 5th graders.  Please respond to be directly.  Thanks

Pat Lambert
Needham Elementary
Durango, CO
pat@scan.org