This group is great.  The response to my request for help on info on
Chinese and Cambodian (as I learned during the quest) was quick.  I had
also gone gophering around and found a China watch group.  I couldn't
find my answer in their files, but I asked them who they were and asked
my question.  At first I just got the info on how to join, but pretty
soon some of the people sent some of the info I was looking for.

Well, I learned some things from this.  Like don't go looking for exotic
sources when the answer is in your old reliable sources.  We looked in
our library and when we didn't have immediate success on encyclopedia,
MAS, Newsbank - well, I went gophering all over when the best info on
Ziyang was right in Current Biography.  Also, Grolier's CD had lots -
don't believe students who tell you they've used a source unless you try
it yourself.  Someone sent the info on Heng Samrin from International
Who's Who, which we don't have access to.

I actually found lots on both in MAS and Newsbank.  However, it wasn't
the info required for the assignment.  I'm still not sure I have enough
of that.  Much emphasis is being placed on the facts of their lives -
birthplace, early childhood, education, etc.  That is still fairly
sketchy.  But we have lots of info on their roles (which I hope will be
more important.)

Thanks to all.

Diane Durbin
dianed@tenet.edu