Recently there was a posting from a librarian who recommended against
McGraw Hill's Multimedia Encyclopedia of Science.  Similar views were
expressed to me about two years ago by two librarians whose opinions I
respect about an earlier version of the product.  However, I was just
reading the latest issue of Information Searcher, which I have really
depended on.  On page 13, in a sidebar article called _A Few Good CD-ROM
Programs_, McGraw Hill's Multimedia Encyclopedia of Science is listed.
What's the story here?  I really need to replace the print edition, which
has one volume missing and is out of date.  Is there a brand new version
which might be the one recommended in Information Searcher?  Or do you
guys just disagree with that publication?

Diane Durbin
dianed@ftenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home