require volunteer? Can't they see the inherent contradiction.  Tell them
to check the U. S. Constitution. Lincoln outlawed slavery.  Education is
one thing, but forcing students to work should not be done.

gmann@acy.digex.net        GORDON         gmann@flash.rowan.edu
                            MANN
Mainland Regional H.S.                    Rowan College of NJ
1301 Oak Ave.             LIBRARIAN       201 Mullica Hill Rd.
Linwood, NJ 08221                         Glassboro, NJ 08028
SCHOOL:609-926-0287                       HOME:609-390-8513
On Mon, 6 Feb 1995, Paula Zsiray, Mountain Crest HS wrote:

> Several teachers here at Mountain Crest are writing a proposal to
> require volunteer hours for part of the graduation requirements.
> They would be appreciative of any information they could collect for
> their cause...specifically, if anyone is doing this presently, how it
> works and what are your requirements.  We do have administrative
> support for this, we just need to figure how to work it!
>
> Thanks!Paula Zsiray
> Library Media Center
> Mountain Crest HS           voice: (801)245-6093
> 255 South 800 East          FAX (801)245-3818
> Hyrum, Utah   84319         paula@mcadm.mchs.cache.k12.ut.us

LM_NET Archive Home