Hi, Netters.
I am a librarian in a high school considering the purchse of Newsbank.  Your
just great.

But here's the rub:  our computer guru says that Newsbank allows access
by our students to the directory on the server.  We run on a Novell network.
He says that both SIRS and Ebsco Full-Text Elite do not, so that is why
we have not have problems with those two products.  Therefore, he has
advised us not to purchase it.  He has spoken with two people in tech
support at Newsbank and has received to two different opinions: the first
guy said there was nothing that would prevent students getting access to the
directory on the server and the second one said that it would be not a
problem to prevent access.

Please respond to me personally if any of you have had the same experience
and I will post a HIT>.  Thanks so much.

Leila Silverberg
Whitefish Bay High School
Milwaukee, WI
leilas@omnifest.uwm.edu