We also tried to put the 3M strips in our magazine binders. Apparently
the metal strip in the binder itself rendered the 3M strip useless. Have
yhou or anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Sharon Hamer
(hamer@meol.mass.edu)
Cambridge Rindge and Latin School
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 349-6781

***Your Karma ran over my Dogma***

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Ralph Hinzman wrote:

> > just a lone dissent--we like the magazine binders...
>
> Lois,
>
> I don't think you are alone.  We still use the magazine binders for about
> the same reason.  We also use the 3M strips.  We also have a small group
> which we require students to sign out for use in the library.  We put a
> note on the shelf where the magazine should be with a message indicating
> that students are to ask for it in the library office.  We do not monitor
> it very closely, but it seems to work.
>
> We still lose a magazine from time to time, but I don't consider it a
> major problem.
>
> Ralph
>
> Ralph Hinzman - rhinzman@outland.dtcc.edu
> Dover High School