                      Subject:                              Time:  12:17 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Electronic Cat & Circ Systems         Date:  2/8/95

We are looking for an electronic cataloging & circulation system for a senior
high school media center with a collection of about 25,000 items serving a
population of around 2,000 students. We have had an old Microcat system
running on IBM clones with dumb terminal search stations; that system is no
longer supported, and we must change to something different. We are looking
for experienced feedback regarding-
o  Mac vs. IBM-based systems
o  Follett vs. Winnebago vs. Alexandria Companion, etc.
Speed,sophisticated searching capabilities (including complete MARC record
searches), screen appearance, and relative ease of use are important to us.
We will post a hit. Thank you!
Donna Adams/Sara Lumpkins
Hopkins High School
2400 Lindbergh Drive