   First of all, a public thanks to all who sent greetings in January to
educators meeting in Cincinnati. It was wonderful! The greetins were
displayed on a portable bulletin board and I have been asked to save it
for future displays. It really works!
   Now I have a request from an English teacher at my high school. He is
looking for suggestions for a contemporary novel about gangs and drugs,etc.
10 use in an American Literature class. He would prefer a 9th-10th grade
reading level. We have looked at some possibilities but haven't found the
right one (no Hinton.) If anybody has one to recommend, we would like to hear
about it. Thanks for your input.

Cristina Dieffenbach
Fenwick High School Library
Middletown, OH 45042