     Last week I posted a request for names of schools which had tried
and didn't like 8-block scheduling.  So far, I haven't heard of any, but
I will wait another week or two before giving up.  However, I did receive
messages from several people who also are interested in this.  I've kept
those names and will reply later or post a HIT.

     Now, I'd like to broaden my question.

     1.  I started looking through the archives for info on Block-8, and
it's taking forever.  A subject search yielded only four hits, and I know
there's been more than that!  So could I hear from some of you who are on
it?  We are considering it for 1996. How do your teachers like it?  Were
they hard to win over?  How has it  effected media center use?  (I may
not have been doing my archive search correctly.  It's the first time I'd
tried.  So if my questions are repetitive, please forgive.)

     2.  We know there are disadvantages to this type scheduling: less
class time with students; one day missed equals two; heavy class loads for
marginal students, etc.  I would like to hear how scools who are on 8-block
have resolved some of these problems.

     3.  What schools in Illinois are on 8-block?  We have names of some
but would like more, so we can talk to them and probably visit.

     Thanks in advance!  I'll post a HIT  when I think I have adequate

Gerry Schriefer
Mahomet-Seymour High School
Mahomet, IL 61853
gschrief@ncsa.uiuc.edu