I guess I just don't understand, when has COPYRIGHTED
material ever been freely available on the internet unless
the copyright owners put it there???  You may be able to
ACCESS it over the internet, but you usually need a password
(which you get when you pay for it or subscribe.)

Even the journals that are online usually only put one or two
articles, the rest of the table of contents is only available
if you subscribe or pay for it, as per usual. (to me this is
good PR or you might call it "advertising")

The texts or other info online has been PUBLIC DOMAIN??? like
in the Gutenberg project for books whose copyrights have run
out?  Please tell me if I am misreading this.

Pat Wamsley (patw1@muskox.alaska.edu)  |{ancient Chinese blessing/curse}
wk: Colony HS Library (907) 746-9538   |
hm: 3700 Spruce Top Circle             | "May you live
    Wasilla, AK 99654 (907) 376-8854   |         in interesting times!"

LM_NET Archive Home