One of our Wartburg professors who is teaching children's literature would
like to have her students attempt to write a children's book.  She is
interested in any books or articles (written either for adults or children)
that explain the process of writing/illustrating/publishing a children's book.
She vaguely remembers seeing a children's book on this topic within the past
few years, but can't remember much about it, except that it exists.  She
would also be interested in nonprint sources on this topic -- similar to the
Scholastic video series in which authors talk about how they write their
books (there's one on Eric Carle, one on Mem Fox, etc.).  Is there anything
on the Internet that might be of help to her?
Her thought is that if the students have to work through this process for
themselves, they will have a better appreciation of what is involved in
producing a quality children's book.
Thanks for all your help -- you've always come through for me in the past
and I know she'll be impressed with what you are able to turn up for her.
Marianne Beck  (beck@wartburg.edu)

LM_NET Archive Home