A principal in my county has asked me to give him  technology benchmarks
for elementary students, by grade level.
(i.e. by the end of third grade students should be able to do **** using
the computer).  I am going to create some by using our computer
curriculum for grades k-5, but I know he wants more and more specific
statements than I will be giving him.

I am very uncomfortable doing
this, because I know whatever I give him is going to be used as "the
final word" and I don't think I know the final word.

I have had a search done by our expert in the professional library and
have sent a query to "ask eric"  The conclusion of both searches is there
is nothing quite like this out there.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions.

My not doing this is not an option, though I will certainly express my
concerns.

Thanks

Cathy Gillette
cathyg@umd5.umd.edu