On the subject of students trying to check out items in other students'
names, I think Lima City Schools has come up with a nifty idea.  They
purchased additional school pictures (the type that are stuck onto
permanent records files), and attached them next to each barcode in
their Rolodex at the checkout desk.  I haven't tried this myself as
we're not up and running yet, but I think this could help larger
schools that choose not to use the individual ID cards--nice way
to double-check!  (Just be sure to alternate the side of the Rolodex
cards that you place them on)

Paula LaRue
Lincoln Jr. High School
Van Wert, Ohio