NOTE:  Michelle Butler asked for high school level books  on
Women's Studies issues for a class she is taking. I was asked
(when I was hired at an all girl's Catholic high school two
years ago) to begin creating a Women's Studies collection.
This is a bibliography of books purchased in the last two years
which I put together for Women's History month in March.
I thought some other librarians might be interested so I am sending it
to the list. (It was good practice for me this morning learning to
cut and paste files from microsoft to internet.)Sarah

        MARCH IS WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
        BIBLIOGRAPHY OF NEW BOOKS ON WOMEN's ISSUES
        MARIAN HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY 1995

American Women: Their Lives In Their Words by Doreen Rappaport

The Beacon Book Of Quotations by Women compiled by Rosalie Maggio

Early American Women: A Documentary  History-1600-1900 by Nancy Woloch

Feminine Ingenuity: How Women Inventors Changed America by Anne L. Macdonald

Feminism: Opposing Viewpoints by Carol Wekesser

Growing Up Female: Stories By Women Writers From the American Mosaic
edited by Susan Cahill

Male/Female Roles: Opposing Viewpoints edited by Jonathan S. Petrikin

Making a Difference: The Story Of The American Family by Margaret Hodges

Mother Daughter Revolution: From Good Girls to Great Women by Elizabeth
Debold, Marie Wilson and Idelisse Malave

Nobel Prize Women In Science: Their Lives, Struggles and Momentous
Discoveries by Susan Bertsch McGrayne

Nutrition For Women: The Complete Guide by Elizabeth Somer

Revelations: Diaries of Women edited by Mary Jane Moffat and Charlotte
Painter

Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of the Adolescent by Pipher

School Girls: Young Women, Self-esteem and the Confidence Gap by Peggy
Orenstein

Sexual Harassment: Current Controversies by Karin L. Swisher

What Every American Should Know About Women's History:2,000 events
That Shaped Our destiny by Christine Lunardini

Why It Is Great To Be A Girl: 50 Eye-opening Things You Can Tell Your
Daughter To Increase Her Pride In Being Female by Jacqueline
Shannon Warner

Woman As Healer by Hillary Bourdelon

Women In Science by H. J. Mozans

Women Of  The West by Cathy Luchetti and Carol Olwell

Writing Women's Lives:  An Anthology of Autobiographical
Narratives by Twentieth Century American Women Writers edited by
Susan Cahill

NEW AUTOBIOGRAPHIES AND OF BIOGRAPHIES OF WOMEN

Eleanor of Aquitaine: Queen of England  by Zo Coralnik Kaplan
Abigail  Adams: WomenAmelia Earhart: Aviator by Nancy Shore
Anne Hutchinson: Religious Leader  by  Elizabeth Ilgenfritz
Beloved:  The Passions of Eleanor of Aquitane--A Novel by Ellen Jones
Breaking the Chains: The Crusade of Dorthea Lynde Dix by Penny Colman
Catherine The Great: Empress of Russia by Leslie McGuire
Celia, A Slave by Melton A. McLaurin
A Chainless Soul: A Life Of Emily Bronte by Katherine Frank
Clara Barton: Founder of  the American Red Cross by  Leni Hamilton
Cleopatra: Queen Of Egypt  by  Dorothy Hoobler
A Convergence of  Lives--Sofia Kovalevskaia: Scientist, Writer,
Revolutionary by Ann Hibner Koblitz
Edith Wharton by William Leech
Eleanor Roosevelt: Diplomat and Humanitarian by Rachel Toor
Elizabeth I: Queen Of England by  Catherine Bush
Emily Dickinson: Poet by Victoria  Olsen
Emma Goldman: Political Activist by  David Waldstreicher
Feast of  Words: The Triumph of Edith Wharton by Cynthis Wolff
Georgia OHarriet Beecher Stowe: Author and Abolitionist by Robert Jakoubek
The Illustrated West With the Night by Beryl Markham
Isadora Duncan: Dancer by Ruth Kozodoy
In Silence: Growing Up Hearing In a Deaf World by Ruth Sidransky
Jane Addams: Social Worker by Mary Kittredge
Joan of Arc by Susan Banfield
Julia Morgan: Architect by James Cary
Louise Nevelson: Sculptor by Michael Cain
Mary McLeod Bethune: Educator by Malu Halasa
Mary Queen Of Scots by Sally Stepanek
A Matter of Choices: Memoirs of a Female Physicist by Fay Ajzenberg-Selove
Mother Teresa: Christian Missionary by Joan Coraff Clucas
A Passion For Physics: The Story of a Woman Physicist by Joan Freeman
Phillis Wheatley: Poet by M.H. Richard
Queen Victoria by Deidre Shearman
The Quiet room:  A Journey Out of the Torment of Madness by Lori Schiller
        and Amanda Bennett
Quiet Strength: The Faith, The Hope, and The Heart Of a Woman Who
        Changed the Nation by  Rosa Parks with Gregory Reed
Sojourner Truth: An Anti-Slavery Activist by Peter Krass
Susan B. Anthony: Woman Suffragist  by Barbara Weisberg
The Warrior Queens by Antonia Fraser
When Heaven and Earth Changed Places by Le Ly Hayslip and Jay Wurts
A Woman of Valor: Clara Barton and the Civil War by Stephen B Oates

                        Sarah Peckham. Marian High School
                        7400 Military Ave, Omaha, NE
                        SPeckham@Marian.Creighton.edu
                                402-571-0619