The Marion Dane Bauer book about a boy who drowns and his guilt-stricken
friend is _On My Honor_

A book not yet mentioned is _Nadia the Willful_ by Alexander.  Nadia's
brother has vanished in the desert, and their grieving father the Sheik
has forbidden anyone to mention his name, on pain of banishment.  Nadia
finds that she cannot keep her brother's memory without talking about
him, and risks her father's wrath by talking about him to all.

I found this book very helpful and shared it with my (adult) bereavement
group when my husband died.
-Judy Harrington

LM_NET Archive Home