From: lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us (Lorna Joy McCloud)
Subject: Target--> High interest, Low abil for boys
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 12:24:01 GMT

I just posted by reluctant readers hit, and also wanted to ask
for titles/authors of high interest, low ability books for
elementary readers--especially boys.  We have some boys at the
2nd grade reading level and up who are bored/embarrased by
picture books, or their teachers want to get them reading
"longer--ie chapter" books.  I have turned them on to Rylant's
Henry & Mudge and also the Chicago & the Cat, but would like to
buy books that will spark interest, too.

Can you help?
Thanks,
Lorna McCloud

LM_NET Archive Home