My daughter is doing her student teaching in a second grade classroom
which is interracial.  She would like to teach a section on Kenya or
Egypt or any African country that speaks Swahili.  She would like to have
activities, a recipe which could be made in the classroom or that she
could make at home and serve to the students, customs, etc.  If anyone
has lesson plans, they would be greatly appreciated.  She also would like
the students to realize that all Africans are not black - so she would
like information on that also.  Something else that would be interesting
is crafts and games.
I have spoken highly of this list serve and would like to show her how
much can be learned through the internet.  She will receive her
teaching degree shortly and I am hoping that this will get her
enthused about the Internet.  Please come through for me!!
All information that I receive will be greatly appreciated.  Please
send all information to me at the following listserve addresss.  I thank
everyone for their cooperation.

Janet Pedrotti <Akinzer@nova.gmi.edu>
LakeVille High School Library Clerk
Otisville, MI  48463