ONE VERY GOOD ISSUE TO CONSIDER IS THAT THE MAJORITY OF THE PUBLIC LIBRARIES
AND ALL OF THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES ARE ALL AUTOMATED.  WHY SHOULD WE CONTINUE
TO TEACH THE STUDENTS THE OLD METHOD OF RESEARCH USING THE CARD CATALOG WHEN
THEY WILL NO LONGER USE IT WHEN THEY GRADUATE FROM HIGH SCHOOL.  WE NEED TO BE
ABLE TO TEACH THE RESEARCH METHODS THAT THE STUDENTS WILL BE USING AFTER HIGH
SCHOOL SO THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETLY RE-LEARN RESEARCH METHODS LATER IN
LIFE.

Larry Kalmus, LMS 9-12
Preble Shawnee H.S.
Camden, OH  45311
PSHS_LK@PO.SWOCA.OHIO.GOV

Next Monday, our BOE is discussing the automation of the libraries.  I
know that there are many benefits of automating and I'd love to have a
list of reasons people have used in their own presentations.  I'm looking
for those "oh you said that so well" phrases and/or anything you have to
offer me.  I'm going to prepare a list for the BOE to give them, which I
could also post as a hit.  If you can help me out, please do asap.  As
always, thanks so much for your time and effort.

Melinda Miller-Widrick, LMS K-12
Colton-Pierrepont Central School
Colton, NY 13625
miller-widrick@northnet.org