Kind of with the SI swimsuit issue in mind, maybe one of the "girly"
magazines should do a spread(!) on librarians of the USA and put that old
image to rest forever!!! (Tongue in cheek)

Sharon Hamer                            459 Broadway
hamer@meol.mass.edu                     Cambridge, MA 02138
Cambridge Rindge and Latin School       (617-349-6781)

On Thu, 23 Feb 1995, Greg Dean Schmitz wrote:

> I have seen at least two references on LM-NET
> recently to magazines (Redbook and Ladies Home Journal)
> that mention the "Librarian Look" in some way.  I know
> of the February issue of Redbook, but could somebody let
> me know if there are any more recent magazines that have
> this kind of negative propaganda? (Especially what issue that
> Ladies Home Journal fashion shot of the "Librarian Look" was in.)
>
> There are a few not-so-pleased librarians and staff here
> in Tampa who would like to know which magazines are spreading
> these kind of stereotypes.  :)
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Greg Dean Schmitz
> gschmitz@luna.cas.usf.edu