Newsgroups: schl.sig.lmnet
From: cronn@llwcny.ll.pbs.org (Katherine Cronn)
Subject: Re: Supreme Court Decisions
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 1995 00:36:54 GMT

Carol Regal (Caregal@AOL.COM) wrote:
: I've had several recent (and last minute) requests for the full text of
: Supreme Court Decisions -- more obscure ones than Roe v. Wade. Starting at
: the University of California at Santa Barbara's Virtual Library, I progressed
: through 20 menus and finally reached what I wanted. At the end of the line,
: however, the final menu was a very lengthy list of only file/docket numbers.
: I had used Brown v. Board of Ed for my trial run and got file numbers for
: every decision, dissenting opinion, et. al. that ever referred to either
: Brown I or Brown II. The search line wouldn't accept dates, so I couldn't
: narrow it down that way. Taking shots in the dark, I opened some of the
: files. None was what I wanted. Some were empty. There were way too many to
: open them all (each opening takes forever). Any suggestions for how to
: quickly lay one's hands on these documents, or locate an index to decipher
: the file numbers?

: Thanks.
: Carol Regal, Librarian
: West Torrance HS, CA
: Caregal@aol.com
In this week's issue of _Business Week_ there is a short article about West
Publishing (the main legal publisher) closing down Internet access for free
to what they market.
--

LM_NET Archive Home