I must have really touched a nerve with that essay; I have received over 200
comments/messages in the week since I posted it.
To all who have asked for permission to reprint my comments, and share them
with others; of course you may do so.  Perhaps most interesting to me were
the comments from library school students:  isn't anyone teaching you the
political realities of school budgets?
Isn't there some way that we could get a celebrity spokesperson to make a
national -- and highly visible -- pitch for funding for school libraries?
does anyone have any personal contacts with, say, Maria Shriver and Arnold
Shwarzenegger?  We could bill them as Info Brains and Brawn.. sound mind and
body, appealing to both sides of the House.  Or maybe they could just start
their own foundation, and offer grants to us all?
Keep smiling, folks, and long live LM_NET, the best possible network in an
often lonely profession.

--
Alice H. Yucht, Info-trekker:   guiding learners through the mazes and
mountains of information/imagination known as Libraries.

LM_NET Archive Home