A group of us in California who are part of CMLEA (California Media and
Library Educators Association) are gathering information about friends of
school libraries groups and other library advocacy groups.  We hope not
to reinvent the wheel in putting together some information usable for a
statewide school librarians organization to offer to its members who want
to start such groups.  From LM_NET members we would like to know:
1. What have you done locally (at your school site) that has worked?
2. Did you create a manual which would help us (and others) in our efforts?
3. Have any statewide librarians' organizations created friends and
advocates procedures manuals which would be useful?

Please reply to me, and I will report back to the Friends and Advocates
Committee of CMLEA.  We'll send a SASE for the mailing of manuals if you
have them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am changing over to the new California educational internet access
provider, so I'm providing two addresses, either of which should work:
doestre@cello.gina.calstate.edu
doestre@eis.calstate.edu

LM_NET Archive Home