On Mon, 27 Feb 1995, Marcia Eggleston wrote:

> Dear Netters, My supervisor would like me to ask if anyone uses
> any screening process for adult volunteers who work in your library.
> Do you have a form that you use.  Have you ever had any problem with
> a volunteer who has a mental health problem and is so, how have you
> dealt with it?  Thank you in advance.

No, but in my early experience of seeking volunteers, I had a mom bring
her 18 month old twins with her.  They spent the entire morning pulling
books out of the lower shelves that I spent putting back!  Needless to
say, I thanked her nicely and didn't insist that she come back.  I talked
to the principal, and we made a policy up front that volunteers are
welcome but that they need to find a baby sitter! :-)

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home