Very good point Ken.  It is so easy to view ourselves as the norm and the
others as the exception.  That is racism, is it not?

Cheers,

Michelle Larose-Kuzenko         Teacher-librarian/
Sun Valley Elementary               Technology coordinator
125 Sun Valley Drive            Enseignante-bibliothecaire /
Winnipeg, Manitoba                  Coordinatrice de telematique
R2G 2W4

River East School Division #9
Phone: (204) 663-7664
E-mail:  mlarose@minet.gov.mb.ca

         "School Libraries are playgrounds for curiosity"

>Do we mean foreign languages or "second" or "other" languages?
>Foreign to whom?
>It used to be that only English was no "foreign" but that is no longer
>the case. Whether it should be or not is of course another discussion.
>

>Ken Haycock
>School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
>The University of British Columbia
>831-1956 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z1
>Voice: 604-822-4991  Fax: 604-822-6006
>Internet: haycock@unixg.ubc.ca

LM_NET Archive Home