Two possible places to search for book reviews and news are
BookBrag and National Council of Teachers of English.
Bookbrag is an electronic publication put out by Scholastic (no, you do not
have to belong to Scholastic Network to access this.)  The path I use is
Veronica Search - "Scholastic"/Scholastic Network/Scholastic Electronic
Publications/BookBrag.

The NCTE gopher is run through Clemson.  You can access it either through
"search all the gophers in the world" - NCTE - or through Veronica - again,
NCTE will get it for you.  (One downer, here - I really don't know what
is ON this gopher, since I have difficulty getting into the menu choices
once I have accessed the gopher.  Maybe you will have better luck.)
Susan Burstein
Portland Middle School
Portland, CT
sburstein@csunet.ctstateu.edu