My school, currently a grades 7-9 junior high school, is realigning to a
grades 6-8 middles school next fall, and consequently we need to expand
our collection to include materials for sixth graders.  Does anyone know
of a source (beyond Children's Catoalog, etc.) of collection suggestions
exclusively for sixth grade or for a middle school?  Also, I would be
interested in personal recommendations from librarians working with this
grade level of your favorites -- those titles that you think I should
absolutely include, reference as well as fiction and non-fiction.  (I have
not yet contacted  a jobber such as Baker and Taylor for recommendations
-- should I?)   Thanks in advance for any input...
                          Nancy Riley, Librarian
                          Park View Jr. High School
                          Cranston, RI 02905
                          PVIEWJHS@ids.net