POSTED WITH PERMISSION OF LM_NET

Dear LM_Netters,

I'm working on a special project for the company I work for, and I'm hoping
that some of you might be willing to help me by answering some of the
following questions.  I will gladly post a HIT with responses.

My questions are:

1.  Do many of you use gopher and web sites, etc, to get information about
publishers, books or vendors?

2.  If you do, what kind of information do you usually look for, or what
kind of information would you really like to be able to find?

3.  Do you like using gopher servers, or do you prefer WEB pages or telnet
sites, or some other form?  I'm still learning the differences between
these things, so feel free to educate me.

The reason I am wondering is that I have been asked to find out if there is
any interest in having a book selection guide accessible via the Internet.
This guide would list the most highly recommended books and non-print items
from the past six months and would be updated twice a year.  Would any of
you like to see a service like this via a WEB site or gopher site on the
Internet?  We are thinking, perhaps, a WEB site would be better as graphics
could be included, but we welcome any advice.

You can e-mail me at mackinbk@mr.net.  Thank you so much for any help you
might be able to give me or for any suggestions you may pass along.

Sincerely,

DeAnn G. Hoff
Mackin Book Company                 email: mackinbk@mr.net
School and Library Services         phone: 800-245-9540
615 Travelers Trail West
Burnsville, MN 55337

LM_NET Archive Home