Wh-o-a-a-a-a. Wait a minute here...
We all want to see effective programs and know that what is described
here is not effective... but we also all want to be ethical in our
conduct and discussion of partners shaping that program. I hope that
LM_NETters are skilled enough to separate programs from people and don't
engage in trashing a colleague without all of the information.

Ken Haycock
School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
The University of British Columbia
831-1956 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC  V6T 1Z1
Voice: 604-822-4991  Fax: 604-822-6006
Internet: haycock@unixg.ubc.ca

                Preparing Professionals to Exercise Leadership in
                Planning, Implementing and Promoting the
                Preservation, Organization and Effective Use of
                Society's Recorded Information and Ideas

On Tue, 3 Jan 1995, Morgan Allsup wrote:

> I am a technology teacher and a technology using classroom teacher at my schoo
>  (K-8).  I wish to pose the following question to library professionals:  How
 co
>  mmon and how acceptable in your profession is the librarian who only allows s
 tu
>  dents access to the library during their class' regularly scheduled weekly pe
 ri
>  od, who shows videos for a large part of that time leaving only 10 minutes fo
>  access to books and who refuses to have technology in the library for student
>  to use?  I only recently began working at this school and find it hard to bel
 ie
>  ve that most of the teachers and the administration are happy with this situa
 ti
>  on.  I am interested in any comments from the subscribers to LM_NET.   Morgan
>  ll
>  sup

LM_NET Archive Home