That is an unfortunate situation, however I am not into bashing other
professionals and at least you have a program.  My suggestion is talk to
the powers that be and the librarian and explain your ideas.  Change is
often difficult for many individuals, so please tread lightly.  When I
read your message I felt slightly queasy about even answering, but felt I
should.  I think most people would agree that we don't want to use LM_NET
to put others down.  None the less, I hope your situation improves.
On Tue, 3
Jan 1995, Morgan Allsup wrote:

> I am a technology teacher and a technology using classroom teacher at my schoo
>  (K-8).  I wish to pose the following question to library professionals:  How
 co
>  mmon and how acceptable in your profession is the librarian who only allows s
 tu
>  dents access to the library during their class' regularly scheduled weekly pe
 ri
>  od, who shows videos for a large part of that time leaving only 10 minutes fo
>  access to books and who refuses to have technology in the library for student
>  to use?  I only recently began working at this school and find it hard to bel
 ie
>  ve that most of the teachers and the administration are happy with this situa
 ti
>  on.  I am interested in any comments from the subscribers to LM_NET.   Morgan
>  ll
>  sup

LM_NET Archive Home