Our vertical file is still a highly active resource tool. I order
regularly from Vertical File Index and collect current pamphlets,
brochures, maps, etc. for these files.  Students are able to check
out folders and are led to these files through automated catalog
searches by subject areas.  I find that vertical file materials still
offer students viable reference sources and broadened search skills.
I am in the process of barcoding file folders mainly to have a more
accurate circulation count.

Linda Gant, Librarian              Van Buren High School
lgant@vbhs.wsc.k12.ar.us    2001 Pointer Trail, Van Buren, AR 72956