I think that where you classify items depends upon the use of them.  If
your hiy/geography curriculum uses battles of different wars without regard
s to the war but to the site, then state by state classification is
probably useful.  If the battles are studied only within the context of
their war, then classing them with the war is probably more useful.
Whatever, use the subject or  note to reference them to the class not used
(if you have an opac).  If no opac, use the subject heading to cover all
possible uses. this is my own opinion, of course, and I am cataloging in an
8500 vol. private school--districts may have to follow more stringent
rules. thnx...kathy

LM_NET Archive Home