Hi,
I am hoping someone out there can help me. When I began as the Library
Instructional Assistant this fall, I discovered that a modem line had
been installed in the media center, which was great. However, this is one
of the school's regular lines which is connected to about nine other
phones. Normally when the line is in use the lights on the phones light
up to say it is busy. This does not happen when the modem is being used,
resulting in the aggravation of losing connections when someone tries to
use the phone. I have been told that some kind of switch exists which
will either light up the other extensions or will block the line from
being disconnected. After trying nine or ten computer stores and having
no luck, I thought maybe someone out there could help. (Yes, I know I
really need a dedicated line, but you have to start off slowly with what
you can get!) Thank you for any help.

Cheryl W. Stevens
Mansfield, CT

LM_NET Archive Home