Greetings LM_NET Members,

  I have recently received some personal messages from members regarding
our world wide membership figures.  Listed below are the figures provided
by the automated listserv calculator, which examines the addresses, and
translates them into country of origin.

  The listserv program is unable to ascertain the country of origin for
certain commercial addresses, and also for military addresses, so the
count is not entirely accurate.  For example, a person subscribing from
Japan, with a military or commercial address would probably not be
included in this breakdown.  So there may be participants from countries
not listed below.

  By the way, as of today, we have over 3,200 LM_NET members subscribed.
Many of those addresses are for BBS or reflector sites, which are reposted
to networks where they are available to hundreds and thousands of
additional school librarians.  (Australia, Texas, and Canada, etc.)

  As school librarians we can be proud that we are among the leading
users of this new information and communications medium, the Internet!

  You can see that we are heavily concentrated in North America.  It is
our hope (your co-owners, Mike Eisenberg and myself) that our electronic
community will continue to grow throughout the world.  We want to
encourage school librarians everywhere to join in our virtual community,
and become engaged in our infinite discussions.  Please help us by
spreading information about LM_NET.

  Here is the country breakdown:

*  Country        Subscribers
*  -------        -----------
*  Argentina          1
*  Australia         16
*  Canada           130
*  Columbia           3
*  Czech Republic     2
*  Ecuador            2
*  Finland            1
*  Great Britain      3
*  Iceland            3
*  Israel             1
*  Japan              1
*  Luxembourg         1
*  Malaysia           3
*  Mexico             1
*  Netherlands        3
*  New Zealand        1
*  Singapore          3
*  Taiwan             1
*  USA             2918
*  ???              128
*
* Total number of "concealed" subscribers:        22
* Total number of users subscribed to the list: 3222
* Total number of countries represented:          20

  Share the wealth of LM_NET!

  To subscribe or resubscribe to LM_NET, just do this:

1.  Send an e-mail message to:  listserv@suvm.syr.edu
     (If Bitnet user, send to:  listserv@suvm )

2.  In the first line of the message, type:

    SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Firstname Lastname

    (Of course, you would substitute your actual name in the line,
    such as "SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Joan Doe"    (No quotes necessary.)

   The way LM_NET is now handling requests for membership is being
   automated by the Syracuse University listserv computer and software.
   The LM_NET listserv computer will respond with an informative message,
   which will ask you for a confirmation.  You will then be added if you
   properly follow the directions.  Please let me know if you need more
   help.

Best wishes,

Peter           pmilbury@cusd.chico.k12.ca.us
Peter Milbury   Library Media Teacher  /  Mentor Teacher  /   CTP TeleMentor
Pleasant Valley High School, Chico, California 95926     Voice: 916-891-3060
Co-owner of LM_NET:  Discussion Group for School Library Media Professionals
    Connecting Over 3,000 School Library Media Professionals Worldwide

LM_NET Archive Home