Lynn Ondercin recently asked for feed back on what to do with micofilm,
and I would like to put in a supplemental request for a TARGET/HIT.  We
have an extensive backfile of microfilm (many titles from 1960-), and
obviously a heavy investment of funds over the years.  We use two
microfilm reader/printers which we keep alive by our own efforts, and
seldom (hardly ever) call repair because the cost is prohibitive.  The
TARGET question is:  CD-ROM full text vs. Summaries & microfilm backfiles.
 I'm looking for your experience in using either/or and comparisons as to
cost and effectiveness.  Do you need a minimum of computers and printers
for the full text for x number of students. etc.  Thanks a lot!!
Linda Wood (SKSWOOD@IDS.NET)  South Kingstown High School, RI.

LM_NET Archive Home