Dear all--
This is a delayed response too all who were interested in a poetry CDROM.
My tardiness is partially explained by the fact that during Christmas break
we completely stripped the library to the cement floor, so our net was down,
and so was my easy access to the internet.  Sorry :)  but now we're beautiful :)
anyway...
Of 16 responses, 8 owned Granger's--all loved it--exact quotes--, 7 had seen
it and coveted it (my interpretation).  One had difficulty in finding source
cited, (out of print, etc).  One had Roth and liked it but found it
frustrating to identify accompanying microfiche for full text.  Someone else
who had seen it demo'd indicated Roth had more contemporary items, but was
more difficult to use.
In summary: Granger's for the convenience of full text on CD ROM and the
long-term reputation and familiarity of use.  Thanks to all.
P.S. neither the school nor my house are flooded (yet), but all around are
experiencing many problems.
Lois Roberts Bishop O'Dowd HS Library Oakland, Ca lrobert@odowd.pvt.k12.ca.us

LM_NET Archive Home