This is why all school personnel are primarily teachers first-and
no,tjhey don't have the answers either but  after working with a number
of foster kids/gang-type situations etc. I am supportive--I suggest "
bookfriends (character in books will always be there for you etc) and I
often try to buddy one -on-one cause I don't have a homeroom and if a kid
is a reader at all they become one of "mine".It is heart -wretching but
they need support and classrooms are often very busy places9so are media
centers but when you talk books people somehow open up--also check out
gophers on bibliotherapy if you are interested and have time sometime!

LM_NET Archive Home