I am in the first year of opening a new high school library and if I see
another unprocessed book, I will scream and my clerk will quit.  I have
used three vendors of pre-binds and have been happy all of them.  The
occasional yellow-paged book is worth the ease of ordering all these
books shelf-ready.  Ask the rep for a sample copy so you can see what the
processing will look like and arrange to send back any book that doesn't
meet your standards.  One advantage of opening a new library is that you
are going to place a large order and can expect extra help from these
vendors.  Students like the pre-binds better than the hardback because of
the size.  Save the plastic covers for next year when you have less to
cover and more time (???) to do it.
Good luck,
Barbara Carmody
Jackson High School