Dear Friends,
     After my series of ready reference guides to the Internet for librarians
was announced in December, quite a few people wrote to ask whether there is
telnet access to the guides.
     There is. Telnet to k12.ucs.umass.edu and login as "guest" [without the
quotes]  Follow the instructions to get to the main menu. At the main menu,
choose  12.UmassK12 gopher. At the gopher, choose 10. Libraries, then 1.
Berne's.
     (Gopher access is at adler.mec.mass.edu/7. Libraries/Berne's)
     The problem for people who telnet because they do not have access to gopher
software is that most of the sources listed are available only via gopher, not
telnet.
     I have just updated 3 of the 4 guides. Any additions, corrections, or
changes are welcome at eberne@a1.mec.mass.edu

Ellen Berne
The Winsor School
Boston MA 02215