To add to the Mac/PC debate that has been floating around for a while:

This comment is from a developer: a person who bets his or her company on
producing the right software products for the right markets. They are the
people you thank for being able to anything with your computer other than
keep paper from blowing about.

--------------------------->8-------------------------
**Mike Cohen** <isis@netcom.com> writes in regard to the Newton
  Web browser and the Windows 95 presence at Macworld in
  TidBITS-258_:

  [stuff deleted]

  We don't plan to do any Windows development (other than providing
  connectivity for our Newton data collection software) since it
  just doesn't pay. Several developers posted similar concerns on
  <comp.sys.mac.advocacy> noting that, even though there are ten
  times as many Windows systems, the amount of software sold is only
  about twice the amount sold for the Mac. Since more tech support
  is needed for Windows, developing for Windows can actually be
  _less_ profitable.

--
Steven Weller  <Windsor Consulting Group>         +1 502 454 0054 (voice)
                                                  +1 502 451 5935 (fax)

LM_NET Archive Home