From: jtillber@pen.k12.va.us (Joann W. Tillberg)
Subject: TARGET>Printout Policies$$$
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 02:37:28 GMT

Dear Netters,
        We are in the process of loading our new networked CD
server (14 bays) with programs, many of which are full text.
Eight stations will access the programs which will be listed on
a menu from which patrons may select -- my questions is this:

1.      if we have only 2 networked printers for all of our
networked programs, how can we FAIRLY control useless printing
of numerous pages by students, just because they can????

2.      if we charge students (to defray the cost of computer
paper, toner, etc.) what is the going rate, and,

3.      what works for you???.

        Any/all suggestions will be appreciated.  Please
respond asap, as we are almost ready to be up and running.
Thanks in advance.

        I'll post a hit on all cumulative responses.  Please
send e-mail to:

        jtillber@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home