We are trying to develop a core list of lit for junior high.  We have
many wonderful titles  already on our list, but have discovered that most
of them have male protagonists.We need some books of quality with female
protagonists. We have been pondering Blue Heron, The Homecoming, Sunita
Experiment, The Jackaroo,...but need more, more, more -anyone with ideas?
 Thanks so much. This would be for 7th and 8th grade. We have English
classes and each 7th grader takes a one semester Young Adult Literature
class so we like lots of reading ideas.  Thanks for ideas on female
protagonist core lit ideas!
Connie Williams (cowilli @eis.calstate.edu)
Connie Williams, Librarian. Kenilworth Junior High
998 E. Washington St.  Petaluma,CA 94952  707-778-4710
cowilli@eis.calstate.edu       fax: 707-778-7276

LM_NET Archive Home