We leave them in the books since our library is open even when we're not
here. This encourages students and staff to sign for the book and not
walk off with it even when the computer is shut down. We put a white long
label on the back of the book and stamp the due date on that. When the
label is full we put a new label over it.  Ellen Murphy Charles E. Smith
Jewish Day School Rockville, MD

On Sat, 14 Jan 1995, Chris Giunta wrote:

> I just started circulating books (grades K-8)  using Winnebago.  I would like
> to know what others did with the book cards on which students used to sign
> their names. Did you leave them in the books (if so, for what reason) or take
> them out?  Also, how do you now indicate date due for your students. Please
> send replies directly to
>
> cwgmls@aol.com
>
> Chris Giunta
> Park Ave. Elementary & Intermediate School Library
> Freehold, NJ

LM_NET Archive Home