What a wonderful group of folks you are!  Thank you for your many
suggestions.  Some titles I had completely forgotten!  Here is the list
in no particular order and only by title.  The True confessions of
Charlotte Doyle got the most listings with The Homecoming and Diceys Song
second.  Right now, teachers at my school are reading The Homecoming and
Blue Heron as possiblilties.  I hope to get at least two more titles to
them soon.

Authors mentioned as 'all their books work well':
Rinaldi, McCaffrey, Marian Zimmer Bradley, O'Dell

Titles:
Last silk dress
Time enough for drums
stitch in Time
Great Gilly Hopkins
So far from Bamboo Grove
Witch of Blackbird Pond
Sarah Plain & Tall
Endless Steppe
Upstairs room
Anna to the Infinite power
Enchantress from the Stars
Turn homeward Hannalee
Shabanu
Haveli
Briar Rose
Dicey's song
Dragon song
Dragon singer
Wrinkle in time
Wind in the door
Blue Sword
Hero and the Crown
Beauty (the one by McKinley)
Alice's adventures in wonderland
Diary of a young girl
Pigman
roll of thunder hear my cry
Romeo & Juliet
To kill a mockingbird
Cathering called Birdy
Sunita Experiment
Jackaroo
Devils Arithmetic
Liddy
Dream spinner
Sweetgrass
Bond from a dry sea
Bread sister of Sinking Creek
Break with Charity
Girl in the box
Reluctant God
Mozart season
Eva
Squashed
Let the circle be unbroken
Cages
After the Dancing Days
Daphnes book
Words by heart
Don't hurt Laurie
Homecoming
Steal away
Invitation to the game
The Root cellar.

That's it so far...and it's only been one day of replies!!!
I'll pass on more later.   I think I'll make a bibliography of these -
these are GREAT titles!!
Thanks to one and all!
Connie Williams, Librarian. Kenilworth Junior High
998 E. Washington St.  Petaluma,CA 94952  707-778-4710
cowilli@eis.calstate.edu       fax: 707-778-7276

LM_NET Archive Home