Hello LMNETTERs.  Our 7th grade social studies classes are researching
various topics dealing with Native Americans.  One topic that the children
are researching is the practice of sending Native American children to
boarding schools and the conflict of cultures that resulted from that
practice.  We are particularly interested in the Carlisle school in
Pennsylvania.  We have information in some books; we have an extensive
collection on Native American history and culture.  However some of our
children would like to find more.  Any suggestions - places to write, good
books devoted to that topic? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Becky Silverman
Librarian
Sweet Home Middle School