Dear LM_NETTERS, One of my science teachers is interested in finding out from
other high school science teachers if their classes are grouped according to
ability levels and if this type of grouping or leveling works.  According to
the literature she's read, it is supposed to be successful at the higher
levels, e.g. honors students, but not at the lower ones.  It is almost becoming
a racial thing at our school; most of the honors students are white, and the
majority of the level three students are minority groups. If you have any
thoughts or reactions, please contact me at the enclosed address. Thanks! Anita
Pfluger (pfluger@admin.aces.k12.ct.us)

LM_NET Archive Home