Fellow Netters,

Our elementary school is participating in the Accelerated Schools
process. One cadre is in the process of studying effective communication
throughout the school community.  We are especially interested in "new
and innovative" ways that are working on other campuses.  Please complete
the survey, or read it and then send any comments on any innovative
ideas that you have found very effective on your campus. (Remember that
in order to complete the survey, use the forward command and include the
message.  You can then edit.)

I.  How does your school as a whole communicate with parents and how
often?                               How Often?
______PTA newsletter
______Principal newsletter
______School-wide newsletter
______Student-written newsletter
______Community newspaper
______Cable channel/television
______Radio
______Posted bulletins in the school
Other INNOVATIVE ideas:

2.How do classroom teachers communicate with the parents of their students?
____phone calls
____home visits
____newsletter
____conference
____notes
____short visits to school
Other INNOVATIVE ideas:

3.How do teachers within your school communicate with teachers on other
grade levels?
____written notes
____general meetings
____face-to-face
____specific meetings with other grade levels
Other INNOVATIVE ideas:

4.If you have meetings with other grade levels, when are these scheduled?
____before/after school
____staff development days
Other INNOVATIVE ideas:

5. How often are the meetings in #4 scheduled?
_____weekly
_____monthly
_____1 per semester
_____1 per year
Other:

Thank you very much for your cooperation. I will post a hit if interest
is high.

maryjoh@tenet.edu.us
Mary Jo Humphreys
Librarian - Old Town Elementary