You may be thinking of Daniel Pennac's book "Better than Life"
(translation of Comme un roman) which may have been reviewed in Time
magazine, and which includes a 10 point Reader's Bill of Rights -- if
this is the correct citation, send me a message and I'll write out the 10
for you. But I recommend the book very highly, in either English or
French. It is a re-affirmation of the role of reading and librarianship!

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, Jacqueline A. C. Keith wrote:

> I am looking for the message that mentioned a reader's bill of
> rights from (I think) Time magazine. The message (and the
> magazine) came out early in the fall.  I looked through the
> archives and my magazine, but I can't find it.  Any help would
> be appreciated!
> --
> Jackie Keith, Librarian                         jkeith@pen.k12.va.us
> Battlefield Middle School    11120 Leavells Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22407

LM_NET Archive Home