To all you fine Netters, let's open this for discussion:

What programs, ploys, activities, gimmicks do you use to further one of a
library's most precious original purposes, that of encouraging and
developing life-long READERS?

We are so caught up in the technology revolution developments (rightly so)
that there seems to be very little time or inclination left to help
students find books they will simply enjoy, to introduce new titles and
authors, to remind of favorite "classics", to foster a love affair with
reading.

This concerns me especially with middle graders who are at a time in their
lives when they should have developed reading skills and still have enough
moments in their days to use them.  However, the question is valid for all
ages of students.

Reply to me directly and I will post a hit.

Katharine Bruner                        Brown Middle School
brunerk@ten-nash.ten.k12.tn.us          Harrison TN

LM_NET Archive Home