Our building did not go directly from a rigid schedule to a more flexible
one.  In the last three years, we have moved from a closed library with
50 minute classes to 21 blocks of 30 minutes each and the rest of the
time is time that teachers can sign up for.  Our library is now an open
one, and any kid can come in at any time whether I have a class or not, as
long  as they have a library pass.

I am*very* careful to document in my plan book and on the signup schedule
on the wall in the reference room, how I use each half hour of the day.
This is an extremely cooperative building, but I also want to cover my
backside at all times if any questions are asked!

More questions?  Write me direct.
Barbara Sanford
Shiloh Hills Elementary
Spokane, Washington