Aloha - After enjoyably lurking for several months, I need some help (and
hopefully my 5th grade teacher will be stunned and begging for an
internet address of her own!)  She would like information on cost of
living in different states.  The almanacs we have checked have price
indexes, but no straight cost of living list.  I checked the newspaper
index for our local papers online, but could not find a reference that
compared Hawaii to other states or countries.  Does anyone know of a
source on line that might help us?  I did find statistic books listed at
our main public library, but the latest edition was 1991.  Please reply
directly to me.  Thanks . . . I'm always stunned at how this list comes
up with the answers!

Candace Foster
Librarian, Aina Haina Elementary School
801 Hind Drive